M. M. Cox is a journalist and professional blogger who just recently published the Teen Mobster Series with Bluewood Publishing. If you’ve ever wanted to try laughing while biting your fingernails, you should read her books. Cox has worked in a variety of communication-related jobs, including several years in PR for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (but did not, in fact, have to don a hazmat suit at any time). She has lived in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Colorado Springs, Boston, and Washington D.C. and enjoys running races in different cities. If you ask her why she writes, she’ll tell you she attended her first writer’s conference as a teenager and dreamed of sharing her own stories ever since.
Cox currently resides in Oklahoma City with her husband and children. She is an adjunct professor at the University of Central Oklahoma, as well as the Edmond Sun’s “Mom Around Town” columnist, where she takes her role of giving other parents unsolicited advice very seriously. Also, she’s had to crouch down in a storm shelter during a tornado. No, she hasn’t seen a witch and her flying monkeys. Apparently those are only in Kansas. But there’s a first time for everything…
M. M. (Megan) Cox is an experienced freelance writer and speaker. Please contact her if you are interested in having her speak at or attend an event. For a description of available classes, click here.
Don’t forget to check her exciting series out on Goodreads!
- 2018 Deep River Books Manuscript Contest – First Runner up (Bones in the Valley)
- 2016 Deep River Books Manuscript Contest – First Runner Up (Outlaw)
- 2015 Goodreads Choice nomination for Young Adult Fiction (The Mark)
- 2014 Creative Women of Oklahoma Award for Young Adult Book (Accidental Mobster)
- 2013 Oklahoma Writers Federation First Place for Young Adult Manuscript (Fierce)